C6 Executive Protection (EP) Academy
This 5 week course is designed for Security Professionals seeking advancement into the Close Protection industry. This program incorporates both classroom and practical application exercises to equip graduates with the necessary skills required to excel in the growing Executive Protection Services field. The Covered 6 approach to teaching Executive Protection also includes physical training focused on Defensive Tactics and maintaining a fitness level necessary to succeed in the industry.
The course was designed and is taught by working professionals in the protective industry that have extensive experience in all facets of corporate/celebrity, dignitary and VIP protection. This Executive Protection course is the ideal starting point for those wishing to break into the business of protecting others or those transitioning from Military or Law Enforcement. The curriculum is current, relevant and taught by industry professionals still actively working in the protection business. This course is designed to to give you a functional understanding and skill sets to become a part of a working detail.
In the Culmination Exercise (CULEX) Students will operate on a protective detail in a realistic urban setting. This course also incorporates range training for Advanced CCW firearms training specific to close protection.
** Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Certificate of Completion
Example of Skills
- Principles Of Executive Protection
- C6 Integrated Use Of Force Model For Ep
- Verbal De-escalation (Moab) For Ep
- Report Writing, Observation & Documentation For Ep
- C6 Client Centric Customer Service Model For Ep
- Ethical Standards & Scope Of Responsibilities
- Tactical Analysis (Left Of Bang) Behavioral Profiling For Ep
- Recognition Of Dangerous Personalities
- Threat Assessments & Protective Intelligence
- Protective Advances
- Dealing With Difficult Personalities (Paparazzi & Stalkers, 5150)
- Universal Defensive Tactics For 3rd Party & Ep Agent Survival
- Protective Details (1 Man, 2 Man, 3 Man)
- Residential Protection
- Career Development & Longevity
- Venue & Event Security
- Arrival & Departures
- 3 Day Vehicle Dynamics Course & Certification
- Legal Considerations For Ep
- Conus/Oconus Travel Planning
- IED, Suspicious Package, Vehicle Search
- Celebrity Protection
- Workplace Violence
- Imminent Threat (Active Killer) Training
- TECC For Ep Certification
- Marksmanship For Executive Protection
If you are interested in our Executive Protection Academy join our interest list by filling out our online form. One of our vocational advocates will contact you with details.
Covered 6 accepts the post 9/11 GI Bill for our Academy.
Military service members or veterans may be entitled to use tuition assistance (TA) or Veteran benefits to attend our program. Additional funding can come from the Department of Labor, Employment Development Department and local vocational work sources. To learn more about this unique opportunity to use tuition assistance to attend our program and/or earn your certifications, speak to a vocational training specialist at Covered 6 by calling Ph: 805.926.2055.
Informational Links: www.bppe.ca.gov