- This event has passed.
February 7 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm150$
The security business is first, last and always a business. Good communication ensures that an
organization can stay in business. The security officer is often the only person that a client or visitor
has contact with. They must fulfill the role of Management Representative. Also, the security officer
acts as a conduit for the organization to apply its rules and regulations in an effort to help the
organization survive. To some extent the security officer helps the organization to function in a more
efficient manner and security touches all parts of the organization. Security officers must also assume
the Enforcement Role. In order to do this effectively — and harmoniously — they must be adept at
human relations. As they are often the ambassadors for the organization, they must understand the
various publics that the organization serves and interacts with.
Human Relations. It is how one reacts with another human being. Human relations deal with
interpersonal relations — one-on-one. Successful human relations is predicated upon competence and
This 4-hour class focuses on providing the student with the skills to provide positive public relations
related to the security officer with the following focus:
1. Visitors. These people are guests on our property. They must be treated accordingly.
2. Employees. Employees count on protection staffs to protect them. They need us to look out for their
3. The Media. The media is ever present! Confidentiality must be maintained via a polite, professional
4. Telephone Callers. These people need information. Provide what you can. Read back to them whatinformation they have requested. Have information that is commonly requested available. Get a call-
5. Emergency Personnel. These include fire / ambulance, HAZMAT teams and police. We need them!
And we need them now, if not sooner! Emergency personnel must be given specific directions. They
must have accurate information in order to function. Professional communications is a must and this
class will give the student the skills needed to succeed.